What is Patellofemoral Dysfunction?
Patellofemoral dysfunction (PFD) is an injury that occurs at the articulation between the patella (kneecap) and the underlying femur (thigh bone). Anatomically, the patella is a diamond-shaped bone which lies in a groove at the base of the femur. It is designed to function as a pulley, assisting the quadriceps by providing a mechanical advantage for added strength for straightening the knee.
George Semple - Irish Dancer and Sponsored Athlete
Here at Elite Therapy we treat a number of professional sports people, but one of the youngest is twelve year old Irish dancer George Semple. Back in 2012 he was looking for sponsorship to enable him to compete in Boston at the 2013 World Championships and, here at Elite, we were so impressed by his dedication and passion that we decided to provide free treatment to keep George in top form. This, combined with George's talent and hard work meant that he took the silver in Boston, ranking second in the world in his age group.
Medical Acupuncture and its Benefits
Medical Acupuncture at Elite Therapy
While medical acupuncture is based on the techniques of traditional Chinese acupuncture, it has a sound medical basis based on scientific research and clinical evidence to prove its efficacy.
We are excited to announce that Elite Therapy is expanding!
Elite Therapy is going to be expanding in size and the variety of services we provide. When the expansion is completed the clinic will be comprised of the ground floor and the first floor.
This expansion into the first floor area will provide the clinic with two more treatment rooms and an exercise studio. Currently we offer physiotherapy, sports therapy, strength and conditioning and chiropractic within the clinic. With the expansion we will be looking to offer yoga, Pilates, and exercise classes in the studio.
For the two treatment rooms we are actively looking for experienced health professionals who are interested in renting this space. As previously mentioned the clinic is multidisciplinary and the professionals we are hoping to gain interest from would be podiatrists, acupuncturists, physiotherapists, nutritionists and sports therapists. Although, we are offering rental space, the outlook would be to develop a working relationship with those professionals working within the clinic.
Can foot dysfunction cause pain elsewhere?
Foot Related Problems: Can they affect other parts of the body?
Page 1 of 4«StartPrev1234NextEnd»
At Elite Therapy we have a combined experience of playing and working within professional sports and can therefore relate to an athlete’s needs for a quick return.Read More...
Work related injuries, whether they are due to a traumatic incident or repetitive strain, are experienced in high volumes by many people.Read More...
Types of Massage Therapy offered at our clinics include Deep Tissue Massage and Sports Massages or Sports Injury Massages.Read More...
- Happy Be-lated Birthday my Godson @AMelaragno ! Remember positivity breeds positivity. Mental mindset takes practice like any skill. JP
- RT @dvagdia: Great @CovBoBClub Mtg @VillageCoventry with @fpmcoventry @ncpphotos @EliteTherapy1 @metalmanfabsltd @First4AidLearn2
- Always hold stretches for a minimum of 20 secs. Take deep breathes and relax the body into the stretch on the exhale. http://t.co/KoDcS4gD7K
- How long should stretches be held for? There has been a significant amount of research into the benefits of... http://t.co/xSMYd4G3q2
- Want to reduce aches and pains or improve your sports performance? https://t.co/4ZeHAn3tkr http://t.co/EIaR7bA8gu
- Do you suffer with aches and pains? Are you stiff as a board? Or perhaps you want to increase sports performance?... http://t.co/q9QJEGHe4j
- Interested in reducing aches and pains and illness through diet? We have one free spot left in tonights seminar. Call 02476591600 for info.