Tendon injury? Key facts for rehab
The patella tendon (the tendon below the patella or knee cap) can experience a force of 50kg and above with walking alone. During jumping the patella can experience as much as 815kg of force! Quite amazing really, when looking at the numbers above.
Exercise for the over 50s: the benefits of resistance training/physiotherapy/Coventry
As most of us would agree, when first considering exercise we tend to think of cardiovascular activities such as running or using the rowing machine. Generally speaking the prime instigator for these decisions is weight loss. While training the cardiovascular system is great for fat loss, on a whole it does not really build muscle mass.
Stretching: Facts VS Myth
Stretching myth Vs fact
Whether you are an active person or inactive person, stretching may help you reduce aches and pains. Stretching, for most of us, is something that we tend to leave to the end of our workout or work day.
Inner ankle pain? Posterior tibialis syndrome facts
Are you experiencing inner ankle pain? The posterior tibialis tendon may be inflamed. During weight bearing activities the muscles in the calf and shin areas work hard to place and support the foot. When biomechanics of the lower leg and/or foot is off this can contribute to an increased load onto the posterior tibialis tendon that runs alongside the inner ankle bone (medial malleolous).
Stretches For Lower Back Pain | Physiotherapy Coventry
Are you suffering from a painful, achey or stiff lower back area? Try these stretches to help ease some of the muscle tensions contributing to your concerns.
Page 1 of 3«StartPrev123NextEnd»
At Elite Therapy we have a combined experience of playing and working within professional sports and can therefore relate to an athlete’s needs for a quick return.Read More...
Work related injuries, whether they are due to a traumatic incident or repetitive strain, are experienced in high volumes by many people.Read More...
Types of Massage Therapy offered at our clinics include Deep Tissue Massage and Sports Massages or Sports Injury Massages.Read More...
- RT @Robbiec45: Great job with my pains by Blaze Physio @nic_sherlock from @EliteTherapy1 after my latest @CovJetsFlag weekend. Feel young(…
- Michael having some well deserved post event work on those tired muscles after the Bolton Iron Man race #ouch http://t.co/6eN3IkaCWC
- Congratulations to Elite Therapy client Michael Bennett on completing the Iron Man race in Bolton Yesterday http://t.co/EvCh4mGoYW
- Game time! Anniversary Games- what a great setting! http://t.co/kTHh4wezsc
- Busy day yesterday treating athletes such as Bernard Lagat (world champion several times over) and Allyson Felix (Olympic gold medalist).
- Rise and shine in London! Off to the dungeon downstairs to put the athletes right. http://t.co/e1IswdjU2V
- RT @_Weaves: @EliteTherapy1 Nice work on @kimcollins100m